ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

VectorMagic: Convert Bitmaps into Vector Art (Free)

<< < (3/4) > >>

f0dder:
Wow. That's some pretty good quality - especially for a web site.
-Renegade (December 13, 2007, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Probably because the web site forks out to a "real program" in the background, dontcha think? 8)

Curt:
Vector Magic have launched a new service:

http://www.YoHDR.com

YoHDR lets you upload three exposure bracketed photos and convert them into an HDR photo.

HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography is a technique used to create photographs of scenes with both very bright and very dark sections without the result becoming either washed out or too dark. Done right the results can be quite spectacular.

This is accomplished by taking multiple photos of the same scene with different exposure times. These separate photos are then combined in a smart way to create a result that has good exposure across the entire image.

Previously you had to download and install some pretty complicated software to accomplish this, but with YoHDR you can now do this easily online - just upload your photos and get your result right away.

Best,
James and Jacob

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email was sent to you by Vector Magic, Inc.
--- End quote ---

mouser:
Previously you had to download and install some pretty complicated software to accomplish this, but with YoHDR you can now do this easily online - just upload your photos and get your result right away.
--- End quote ---

I guess i've become one of those grumpy old people who hears BS like this and translates it to:

"In the past you used to be able to install a powerful, fast desktop application full of cool options -- now you can look forward to a world where every application is online, dumbed-down, slow, completely out of your control, and requires you to upload your files over the internet before you can work on them."

No thanks, i'll take the desktop application.

KynloStephen66515:
--- End quote ---

I guess i've become one of those grumpy old people who hears BS like this and translates it to:

"In the past you used to be able to install a powerful, fast desktop application full of cool options -- now you can look forward to a world where every application is online, dumbed-down, slow, completely out of your control, and requires you to upload your files over the internet before you can work on them."

No thanks, i'll take the desktop application.
-mouser (November 17, 2010, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I still prefer installing things do do any conversions I need as I am not fully trusting of how secure these sites are...like if i have a design i want to vector, and that design is a logo im doing for the tattoo studio, or an actual tattoo design that somebody wants as a desktop background as well as inked on them, id like to be sure this isnt going to be intercepted and distributed.

Old School ways work just fine for me :)

*Spits on dreamweaver and opens notepad*

**edit**

wtf? InkScape does conversions of BMP...HOW did I not know this?!?!  >:( Ive spent countless hours drawing over bmp files on InkScape...this could have been saved...NOT happy  :down:

f0dder:
wtf? InkScape does conversions of BMP...HOW did I not know this?!?!  >:( Ive spent countless hours drawing over bmp files on InkScape...this could have been saved...NOT happy  :down:-Stephen66515 (November 17, 2010, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
You didn't know about the vector tracing feature? :P

Yeah, it's a major timesaver - it's not perfect, though, so there's usually still plenty of hand-cleanup necessary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version