ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

winamp 5.5 is fantastic (I thought I'd never say that)

<< < (7/8) > >>

urlwolf:
here's what I find winamp 5.5 has over foobar now:
1- autotagging (using cddb, fingerprinting). If foosic worked well, foobar could have something similar.
2- auto album art search (you can get this in winamp calling a 3rd party app, but it's a bit more convoluted).
3- musicIP recommendations (no way in foobar)
4- great album art handling. You can have this in foobar panelsUI, but in my experience the scroll was almost unusable (config: br3tt) and it was a constant waste of time to configure it just right.
5-library autorefresh (foobar 9.5 has this now)

Darwin:
[RANT][GRUMBLE]The Canadian dollar has been over 90 cents to the US dollar for the better part of a over a year now and at par since October, and yet DigitalRiver, who handle Wimamp sales, convert the $19.95 US to $27 Canadian for a Pro licence. There is no facility to change currency  :down:. WTF?[/GRUMBLE][/RANT]

Yes, I know, this is what Europeans and particularly Brits have been dealing with for years, but it still rankles  :mad:

urlwolf:
Note: I have gone back to musicIP. Searches are instantaneous there, whereas it takes 2.5 -3 seconds in winamp. The red is eyecandy.

Darwin:
Heh, heh - probably just as well that I'm having to hold off, then. I just like to support development. On that note, then, I think I'll explore making a donation to XMPlay, then. It's still my default player and what I use to play individual songs. If it had better playlist support, or at least made that support more convenient to use, I wouldn't be looking any further afield!

Curt:
I got tired with Winamp growing fat and saying AOL all over the place, and removed my PRO version.
Revo counted the left-behinds: 1.783 registry entries and 22 files / folders !!!   :mad:

-----
edited: Winamp was just updated: Winamp 5 Full 5.6.0 Build 3081 Final: http://majorgeeks.com/Winamp_5_Full_d2490.html Yes, it took 3 years to get from 5.5 to 5.6

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version