Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 29, 2014, 03:58:26 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Worst Band Photos. Ever.  (Read 3177 times)
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 05, 2005, 05:41:47 PM »

From Brian Satterfield's CNet Blog:

Occasionally, I like to take a break from talking about music-industry greed, the latest round of P2P-related lawsuits, and audio-software developments to point out stuff that's just plain funny. Recently, I rediscovered a site that has had me spraying Gatorade out of my nose and onto my monitor at least twice a day. It's called Rock And Roll Confidential, and it features a collection of some of the most embarrassing and ill-advised band photographs known to man. All the clichés are present, from shirtless, smoking hard-rockers to pretty boys with feathered hair and white gowns. By themselves, the photos say a thousand words, but I think it's the site owner's childish yet remarkably on-point commentary that seals the deal. I guarantee that a trip to this site will cause your work productivity to plummet.

Editor's note/warning: The aforementioned site contains profanity, slang, sexual innuendo, and general mean-spiritedness. If any of those things bother you, please do not click the above link.

- zaine (on Google+)
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 07:02:25 PM »

Hmmm ... must be a US thing, I don't seem to know many of the bands on 'show'.

Some truly bad photography though!

For really BAD pictures you still can't beat some of Freddie Mercury's early photos (and I am a dedicated fan of all things Freddie!).

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 08:02:59 PM »

i don't think we are meant to recognize the bands (i know i don't); i think they are like pictures of unknown local bands and stuff.
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 01:16:26 AM »

Yea, most of those photos come from flyers posted around campuses or in pubs here.

- zaine (on Google+)
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 04:52:58 AM »

Ah, maybe I'm not as ignorant as I thought then  embarassed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.026s | Server load: 0.08 ]