ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Copying files, timestamp existing files and copy new ones in

<< < (2/3) > >>

skywalka:
If a filename already exists how difficult would it be to automatically compare the files' checksums.  If they are the same then just delete the moved file.  If they are different then automatically rename the moved file.

mouser:
nice idea and not too hard at all.

skrommel:
 :) What's really needed is a replacement for the copy function in Windows.

So far I've been using TotalCopy from http://www.ranvik.net/totalcopy/. But it crashes, and you can't control how to handle error conditions before they occur, like in the middle of a one hour copy!

So I've made my own, but I've yet to make a proper context menu.

Does anyone know a simpler way of adding a drag and drop context menu, without all the COM noise?

Skrommel

skywalka:
I can't help U. :-[  But I agree that a replacement for the entire Windows copying method is required.

It also bugs me when you move a folder & Windows tells you "A folder of the same name already exists.  If you continue the files will be overwritten."  A simple autorenaming function would save so much hassle.

mouser:
there is something called a copyhook in windows, and you can register to take this over, which is the way this would have to be adddressed.  i'm hoping we will support it in ContextMenu Commander.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version