ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Copying files, timestamp existing files and copy new ones in

(1/3) > >>

thefritz_j:
A cool shell extension that would really help me out would be when you copy files to a different folder if the files already exist rename the existing file with a time stamp and then copy the new files in.

Example:

Directory of C:\files

C:\files\wow.txt

User copy and pastes (or drags and drops) a "wow.txt" file from another path/folder.  (H:\nice\wow.txt).
In addition to the "Replace existing file" a second option is shown: "Timestamp old file and keep new file".

If the user selects the second here is the directory of C:\files

C:\files\wow.txt (new)
C:\files\wow-20041231-0823.txt (old)

This would help me so much!

mouser:
thefritz i've been wanting such a tool as well for a long time!
i'm actually trying to get it put into our new ContextMenu Commander tool that will be coming soon - but if anyone knows of an existing shell extension that can do this i'd love to hear it.

skywalka:
I've wished 4 something like this 4 ages also.  I'd prefer that files could just have a numeral attached to the end of the filename if that could B made an option.

eg picture.jpg becomes picture2.jpg

mouser:
yeah there a bunch of options that would be nice to have with this..

thefritz_j:
Yeah, numbers or a timestamp would be great.  So... it sounds like there's a need.  Is it likely to be included in the ContextMenu commander soon?  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version