ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How often do you reboot your primary workstation?

<< < (3/7) > >>

nite_monkey:
I usually restart a couple of times a day, whether I'm installing something new, or uninstalling something... or like yesterday and today where I've restarted a bunch while trying to get windows to stop using one driver for a device so I could put a different driver on it.

CleverCat:
Only as needed - On in am - off in pm around 4pm (can't leave on if unattended as we get 'load shedding' power cuts'... >:(

AND if a update to KIS needs a reboot....not often but twice this week....

Silverchip:
I reboot when it is needed, I also turn off my PC at night ( as well as my monitor ).

f0dder:
Btw., remember to either unplug your PC, hit the wall switch, or flip the power switch on the PSU. I've just purchased a power measuring meter thing, my box draws ~6 Watts even when turned off (yes, *off*, not standby. Standby is ~9 Watts).

Darwin:
That's crazy, f0dder. Thanks for posting about it - I'll be unplugging my computers at night from now on. Probably wise to do the same with TVs, stereos, and other non-essential appliances. You know what they say "Think globally, act locally".

Good tip  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version