ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help! Any NetGear experts out there?

<< < (6/6)

steeladept:
Yeah, I have seen that before.  That was what prompted the "borrowed" section of my suggestion.

lanux128:
Netgear have released a firmware update that has among others fixed: "Connectivity issues with ISPs using DHCP (e.g. Comcast)". these Comcast users must be thanked for *pushing* Netgear to release the fix. the update seems to have solved my problem - no disruption after two days of usage. :Thmbsup:

so if anyone who has this problem and stumbled onto this thread, you know what to do. 8)

• http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/d103320.asp

Stoic Joker:
Interesting, but DHCP errors are all-or-none, and your hiccup was protocol specific. I can't help but wonder if this is a Comcast cover story since they got smacked by the FCC for Bandwidth-Throttling which choke-ed out certain protocols a while back.

But hay, long as you got it fixed ... who cares. :)

lanux128:
But hay, long as you got it fixed ... who cares.-Stoic Joker (July 02, 2008, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, me too. just glad to be able to join in the chat rooms without any problems.. btw, who did FCC go after - Comcast or Netgear?

Stoic Joker:
(Cable) broadband companies in general, but Comcast specifically was Traffic-Shaping people offline based on ports & protocols that they felt were (*Snicker*) "Optional"...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version