ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

Beta: fSekrit 1.35 for your testing pleasure.

<< < (4/5) > >>

f0dder:
I'll look into the .txt suffix thing, sounds like fun :)

Don't want to export empty files? Are we a bit picky? It doesn't crash, does it? ;) - I guess I should disable save/saveas/export on empty notes. Will have a look.

As for drag-drop-add, should be possible (although I think the way import is done currently does wipe content implicitly, rather than it's me explicitly clearing contents as part of the action - so it might actually require some code :)). Will have a look, but I'll also have to hear what other people thing: should drag+drop add or replace text?

Thanks for the feedback, this is the kind of stuff I need :)

f0dder:
Okay, fixed the .exe appending, will be in next beta build ("before christmas" :P).

The zero-size export will be fixed once I change the menu item enable/disable code a bit, will also be in next beta build.

I need some other users' feedback on whether text file import should be changed to append rather than replace. Unfortunately, it's built-in behavior to replace, so it's a non-trivial (though possible) change to have it append instead.

Also managed to clean up the source files a bit, less warnings during compile now. No worries, it wasn't anything serious. I promise. Really :) Just a bunch of size_t -> smaller type conversion warnings, it's almost pedantic to fix things like that.

cranioscopical:
Don't want to export empty files? Are we a bit picky?-f0dder (December 21, 2007, 02:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
You bet we are  :)

It doesn't crash, does it?
-f0dder
--- End quote ---
No, and that's another complaint -- now matter how hard I tried it just wouldn't roll over and die. Where's the fun in that?

As for drag-drop-add, should be possible (although I think the way import is done currently does wipe content implicitly, rather than it's me explicitly clearing contents as part of the action - so it might actually require some code :)). Will have a look, but I'll also have to hear what other people thing: should drag+drop add or replace text?
-f0dder
--- End quote ---
It's certainly no big deal.  There's a case to be made either way.
Of course, ctrl-drag+drop could add, whereas unmodified drag+drop...

And Merry Christmas to you too!

f0dder:
Hm, I dunno if I can check for keyboard modifiers with the drag-drop method I use now, will check it out... if I can't, I'd probably have to go the COM/OLE way which is somewhat more code, will have to think about that.

Anyway, the whole append thing won't be difficult to code after all, my code architecture was a bit better than I thought it was :P

Whoop, off to bed, the day's work is done, and people will receive their xmas mail after all, yay.

cranioscopical:
Whoop, off to bed, the day's work is done
-f0dder (December 21, 2007, 08:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
Why sleep when you could be working on fSekrit?  What odd priorities you have!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version