ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Backup4All FTP Problems

<< < (2/2)

Perry Mowbray:
Are you using Passive mode FTP (http://www.backup4all.com/passive-mode.php)?  Passive mode works much better when going through a NAT router.   
 -mwb1100 (April 17, 2008, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Definitely Passive. Even tried Extended Passive.

The dev asked me to try Active, but it didn't get off the ground.

Perry Mowbray:
My experience is that the version of Samba on the linux machine can pose problems (I have the exact same problem here in a "mixed" LAN network, only SyncbackSE is able to make backups)  :(  Still, I'm looking for an answer for this one.
-Shades (April 17, 2008, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's interesting. I didn't find any problems backing up to my NAS (once I got the temporary folder set correctly)  :)

Yes, this is definitely driving me crazy...

Shades:
Right now I'm a happy person, because I did find a solution (to my problem at least ;D).

http://areca.sourceforge.net/ is the way.

Not such a nice GUI (in version 5.5.5.5) but is very capable and once setup I can access it through the commandline for scheduled backups.

Perry Mowbray:
Right now I'm a happy person, because I did find a solution (to my problem at least ;D).
-Shades (April 25, 2008, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Right now I am too!  :D

The Backup4All developers identified that the FTP Server was not responding correctly to a SIZE command sometimes, they've amended their application and it works a dream!!

Mind you: it doesn't answer any questions  >:( Apparently it's a standard Windows2003 & IIS install, so why would it be mucking up just with Backup4All, or are all other softwares taking a similar approach to get around that "bug"??

But, anyway: the upshot is that the problem is fixed (and all the Help Desks were very helpful too)!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version