Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 23, 2014, 02:40:46 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Idea : Lan Executor  (Read 2972 times)
thankusan
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 21, 2007, 10:47:08 AM »

A simple program which triggers a selected program(.exe) to run on networked PC's connected via lan(TCP/IP or DHCP). Option to show time since execution on each PC.

eg:- Selected program option -notepad. All networked pc's name or IP is shown. Click PC1 click Execute. result notepad starts on PC1. When clicked on PC2 result achieved on PC2. Elapsed time shown since execution is a nice addon.

Application: to run certain programs like antivirus etc. on a classroom, library without leaving the server.
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 10:53:36 AM »

Somebody should be able to whip up a GUI to drive PsTools. PsExec will provide the functionality you are looking for.

thankusan
Participant

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 11:04:25 AM »

I downloaded pstools but not sure how to work with it. Think it does not have the timing option which I mentioned.
tinjaw
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 12:15:20 PM »

No, the timing could be easily handled by the GUI wrapper. When the button is pushed a timehack is taken. Any point after that you can compute how long it has been running.

As for how to use PsTools, I suggest you start with the article linked to toward the bottom of the page I linked to, "PsTools Primer".

This would be a fairly simple project for AutoHotkey/AutoIT folks that hang out here. I'm too busy to take it on as a project.

thankusan
Participant

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 09:57:51 AM »

Thanks...I will try it within few days.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 11:16:03 PM »

there is already one existing script: PsExec (GUI Front End). try and see if is helpful to you..

tinjaw
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 05:52:19 AM »

Good find lanux128!  Thmbsup

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.02 ]