ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea : Lan Executor

(1/2) > >>

thankusan:
A simple program which triggers a selected program(.exe) to run on networked PC's connected via lan(TCP/IP or DHCP). Option to show time since execution on each PC.

eg:- Selected program option -notepad. All networked pc's name or IP is shown. Click PC1 click Execute. result notepad starts on PC1. When clicked on PC2 result achieved on PC2. Elapsed time shown since execution is a nice addon.

Application: to run certain programs like antivirus etc. on a classroom, library without leaving the server.

tinjaw:
Somebody should be able to whip up a GUI to drive PsTools. PsExec will provide the functionality you are looking for.

thankusan:
I downloaded pstools but not sure how to work with it. Think it does not have the timing option which I mentioned.

tinjaw:
No, the timing could be easily handled by the GUI wrapper. When the button is pushed a timehack is taken. Any point after that you can compute how long it has been running.

As for how to use PsTools, I suggest you start with the article linked to toward the bottom of the page I linked to, "PsTools Primer".

This would be a fairly simple project for AutoHotkey/AutoIT folks that hang out here. I'm too busy to take it on as a project.

thankusan:
Thanks...I will try it within few days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version