ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The deluge...

(1/2) > >>

Darwin:
Can't help myself (though I'll have to - it's time to get on with the day) here's an interesting discussion of a topic that I cover every winter session in Intro to Archaeology (funny how the "news" is often the "olds"). It's a report of recent archaeological evidence supporting earlier evidence that the Black Sea flooded 8500 years ago and forced farmers living in the region to flee westward, taking agriculture with them. It is also thought to explain the prevalence of flood stories in cultures from around the Mediterranean, including Noah's Ark. Very interesting (and very techy too - Radiocarbon and Dendrochronlogical dating).

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/idUSL1700215420071118

The deluge...

tinjaw:
Quit flooding the forums with your postings. Hopefully you can dig up something more interesting. I hope your postings evolve. :P

lanux128:
It is also thought to explain the prevalence of flood stories in cultures from around the Mediterranean...-Darwin (November 21, 2007, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
that was because they were all visited by the same spacemen who also taught them how to cultivate.. :P

Darwin:
Who knew lanux - thanks! It's true - the truth is always stranger than fiction  ;)!

Ralf Maximus:
Now that we've got that "flood" claptrap out of the way, how about explaining the prevalent Adam & Eve "two humans who started civilization" meme?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version