topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 4:23 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Sarah McLachlan CDs cheap ...  (Read 6627 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sarah McLachlan CDs cheap ...
« on: October 05, 2005, 08:27 AM »
Totally off the software topic (by a big margin) but if, like me, there are any Sarah McLachlan fans out the you can get the 2 disc limted edition of her AfterGlow album for £3.99 (UKP, incl. shipping) at Play.com

Currently the standard version is £10. I have a feeling this is a misprint (I have seen the limited version advertised elsewhere at £13.99).

Grab 'em quick beofre they notice (I got mine).

Note you can also get the DVD version with free CD for £9.99 (inc. shipping)  from CDWow
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 08:39 AM by CarolHaynes »

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Sarah McLachlan CDs cheap ...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 05:47 PM »
Thanks Carol! I've seen her twice in concert and she's one of the few performers who sound as good live as on disc.

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 06:55 PM »
Glad I am not alone as a fan. I discovered her through the DVDs of Lilith Fair and then bought the concert DVD of Mirrorball.

I really like her music (though occasionally I wish she would sing something a little more up tempo).

Only just discovered she has a new CD just out ...

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 01:15 AM »
It seems if you're not hipping and hopping, or being a cookie-cutter teen pop singer, then your music doesn't exist anymore. Maybe she'll do a cover album of Sammie Davis, Jr. songs one day!  :)

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 04:49 AM »
It seems if you're not hipping and hopping, or being a cookie-cutter teen pop singer, then your music doesn't exist anymore. Maybe she'll do a cover album of Sammie Davis, Jr. songs one day!  :)

True ;)

Actually when you see her in concert with other people she really seems to enjoy sing other types of music and dancing. Did you see her in Santana's "Supernatural" show.

My regret is that it is really difficult to see her over in the UK. I visit Canada regularly (my parents now live in Ontario) but I haven't been able to get to a concert duing a visit.