ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting article on homeopathy - from a medical perspective

<< < (4/13) > >>

nontroppo:
Humans suck. But some things are just not really open for discussion. Abortion is murder or not, depending on what metaphysics sits at you core. Discussing abortion is futile for that reason. Homeopathy makes claims to scientific verification, but really sits as a belief system and thus debates about it cannot function as they may do for plate tectonics or aviation engineering.

Armando:
Homeopathy makes claims to scientific verification, but really sits as a belief system and thus debates about it cannot function as they may do for plate tectonics or aviation engineering.
-nontroppo (November 25, 2007, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's it.
There's also plenty of money involved and a lot of screwed people who are just unaware of the scam. That always bugged me and still does.

Homeopathy is very big in France and other countries like spain, and is even tought in universities.

http://www.boiron.com/fr/htm/03_homeo_medecine/formation_mede_homeo.htm
http://chf.lautre.net/college_des_enseignants.htm

Go figure. I think it says a lot about the quality of universities in general, the power of money, the power of pride (i.e. : too proud to admit ones mistakes), the pervasiveness of the "magical mindset" in modern/postmodern times, and even, maybe, the (deliberate or not) misunderstanding of some fundamental scientific principles...

Lashiec:
Uh, is it taught in Spain? I had no idea :-[, but I knew they started to teach it in the UK.

Armando:
Don't worry Lashiec : here in Canada it's sold everywhere and one of my friend is actually a naturopath using... homeopathy.  :-[

As nontroppo said earlier : "As someone who has very close friends who believe in homeopathy, I find it an incredibly delicate area to engage in."

(Now... I'm opened to anything. If homeopathy is more than a placebo, fine. Great. But there's no evidence what so ever.)

Darwin:
As nontroppo said earlier : "As someone who has very close friends who believe in homeopathy, I find it an incredibly delicate area to engage in."
--- End quote ---

Hear, hear... hence, my aside about being agnostic on the subject  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version