ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How good are you at spotting spyware, spam & phishing traps?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lashiec:
8/8 on the first one. P2P software and lyrics sites were the easiest, because I was familiar with all the options, except the "bad" lyrics one.

5/8 on the second, the last one was EASY, it tried to flood me with popups. Guess spamming sites are difficult to distinguish. That's why I avoid giving the email so easily.

And a 100% on the third one. Happy! ;D. I quickly remembered the golden rule: If they provide a link to enter your personal information, then it's a scam for sure. The last one was hilarious: "Please take several minutes out of your online experience(...)". Several minutes... LOL

Darwin:
7/8
3/8
10/10

Bring on the spam!

app103:
You are not 'supposed' to research. You are supposed to do what it is that you normally would do. Googling for info on a site and their spamming history, reading privacy policies, looking for specific types of ads, etc...if that is what you normally would do.

f0dder:
You are not 'supposed' to research. You are supposed to do what it is that you normally would do. Googling for info on a site and their spamming history, reading privacy policies, looking for specific types of ads, etc...if that is what you normally would do.
-app103 (November 22, 2007, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's what I would call research - I thought you were supposed to judge the sites just based on those thumbnails :)

scancode:
SiteAdvisor Spyware Quiz / I GOT 6 OF 8 QUESTIONS CORRECT
SiteAdvisor Spam Quiz / I GOT 7 OF 8 QUESTIONS CORRECT
The other Quiz You got 9 out of 10 correct, or 90 %  [DAMN! Hotmail got me!]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version