ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DonationCoder.com Logo Contest is Over - We Have a New Official Mascot/Logo!

<< < (18/22) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Might be misinterpreted is the you miss the C when typing ...  :D

nudone:
The slight turn of the forward-facing bird makes all the difference.  Like, any second now, it will turn all the way toward me and jump onto my desk.  The ones looking off into the distance lose the "adorableness" factor.  Also, the sketchier one seems more friendly and accessible.  Good work.
--- End quote ---

thanks momonan, a smile and a slight change in face position certainly does make a difference - it's obvious when you see it but it just never occurred to me at the beginning to include a smile. i think i'll have to do a bit of study regarding cartoon illustrating.

thanks also to brotheS, Darwin and everyone else who likes the mascot so far. i like Carol's Donatey and Cody idea - having a second character could lead to some interesting visual ideas.

as for the $ changing to a local currency symbol of the visitor's browser - i would guess that's possible with flash.

mouser:
i think changing the $ is a fun idea but might be a bit much pain; besides id like to use the bird in lots of places and its not practical to do that everywhere.

also let me make clear my feelings about flash - i don't like sites that use flash on anything except an explicit movie that you choose to view.  i wont use it for banners and certainly not for main page, there are just too many people who wont enable flash.

but flash can still be fun to use for a special little movie or something.

f0dder:
I really like the versions of the bird that are a bit sketchy, like sketch-bird-look-forward.png . It might just be my twisted head, but I feel it gives an image of software that's under perpetual construction. Not in this "oh gosh, this is unfinished junk" way, but rather the "is constantly adapter to users' needs". And it looks damn cute :)

I don't think the $ sign is any problem - it's a well-known currency symbol, and tends to be used universally when money is involved.

mouser:
I suppose I should make an official announcement somewhere at least and say that Nudone's Bird is the new, official mascot of DonationCoder.com.

Thank you Nudone for giving us such a nice gift.  It's everything I had hoped for in a mascot/logo, and I think it somehow captures the helpful spirit of the site and is unique and memorable.  In a word, it's perfect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version