ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Screensaver for individual screens

<< < (2/2)

Ralf Maximus:
Ultramon rocks (it's what I use) but indeed, it will only trigger screensavers in the "normal" fashion.

Since .scr files are really just another kind of .exe (right?  right?) it should be possible to write a little something that can launch a specified .scr file and target it on a specific monitor via command-line arguments or something.

But then again I believe in UFOs and the Chupacabra.

lanux128:
i've yet to explore UltraMon fully but at the web-site, there is an add-on named UltraMon Screen Saver Player, maybe this is the missing link.. ;)

• http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/addons.asp

Genomi:
Hey lanux, it works! Like Ralf said, with some Autohotkeying, I've got that to function just as I wanted. I've made it so it turns off when your mouse goes on the screen saver'd monitor too, so it should work much like a regular screen saver would. I'll attach the .ahk (need Autohotkey from www.autohotkey.com). Open the .ahk in notepad and read the instructions first, though - there's a couple lines to edit before it may work for you.

Thanks - now I can use my second monitor without worry!

lanux128:
good work, Genomi! i'm sure that AHK script will come-in handy for me as well.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version