topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The "Blonde Effect"  (Read 4406 times)

Ralf Maximus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
The "Blonde Effect"
« on: November 20, 2007, 10:41 AM »
University of Paris researchers have discovered that blonde women really do have an effect on male intelligence.

http://women.timeson...e/article2890531.ece
Blondie.gif

Simple knowledge tests were conducted on groups of men, with a severe downward spike in performance noted after they were shown pictures of blonde women.

Further analysis convinced the team that, rather than simply being distracted by the flaxen hair, those who performed poorly had been unconsciously driven by social stereotypes to “think blonde”.

The photos' depicted levels of undress were not reported.

Theories for the results include a kind of "contact stupidity" wherein people adopt stereotypical behavior based on their environment.  It is not stated if test scores returned to normal after being shown pictures of Albert Einstein or plummeted further after Paris Hilton.  Another theory is that pale hair is deeply associated with babies & children in our psyche, leading to "dumbed down" behavior in adults.

Another site discussing the research is Mitchieville.  Men, cover your monitor with tape before viewing, lest you fall victim to the blonde woman pictured therein.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 10:43 AM by Ralf Maximus »

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The "Blonde Effect"
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 03:34 PM »
Oh, my IQ went down 20 points ;D

Personally, I think men become dumb when we see a pretty girl, independently of its hair colour. It also helps that in Spain the blonde legend is not so rooted on people, despite cultural invasion (Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, etc.).

Ralf, you are on fire these days. You really took to the heart mouser's plea for collaboration with the site, I don't remember Ken being so prolific. I couldn't hang around the forums too much those times, though.