ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gender Genie!

<< < (2/4) > >>

app103:
After reading the pdf and another article about it, I see that I was right about the 'people vs things' idea.

I should have read both before posting.  :-[

iphigenie:
About a sophisticated then as the swedish chef translator or all the 2 minute personality quizzes.

iphigenie:
About a sophisticated then as the swedish chef translator or all the 2 minute personality quizzes.
-iphigenie (November 22, 2007, 04:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

That sentence has a female score of 0, by the way...

I took many of my blog posts, but because the blogs are mostly about things - games, books, art - they are all male. 80% or more so... I'm off to the hospital to order the gender change right now  :tellme:

And I guess many blogs by men which I read and which regularly mention people (their kids, colleagues, whatever) would be considered female.

Totally silly, and in a way rather unfair to both genders...

app103:
It's not so much the actual content of the passage and whether it is about people or things that makes the results male or female, but how you reference them.

This blog post is a good example, and is about people, but the results say that my writing is definitely male:

Female Score: 520
Male Score: 822

I entered only my text in the Gender Genie, and didn't include the quote in the beginning of the post (made by a male).

This isn't the first time my writing has been labeled as 'male'...even Microsoft's demographics predictor has labeled my blog as being male oriented:

But this whole idea that males use certain words more than females, and the fact that I tend think, speak & write with a more male style, myself (according to this Gender Genie), might explain why I have a 'femininity radar' that goes off when talking to women and why I find the most woman quite 'irritating' to listen to.

And it is a 'gift' I have of detecting the gender of people in chatrooms, even when they have a gender neutral username, having said nothing that would give away their gender.

Often times I am the only one that can correctly identify the gender of someone, and quite quickly. For example, there was someone that was a regular in my chatroom that everyone thought and assumed was a guy (this person may have even told people this), with me being the only one that was picking up feminine 'vibes'. We eventually found out (after 2 years) it was a woman, and I was right all along. I pegged her for a woman within about the first 10 minutes of talking to her...something irritated me.

I am thinking that I may have a 'Gender Genie' built into my brain on some unconscious level that may be based on a similar keywords list, that I am unaware of.

The Gender Genie thinks the author of this post is: male!

Ralf Maximus:
I am thinking that I may have a 'Gender Genie' built into my brain on some unconscious level that may be based on a similar keywords list, that I am unaware of.

--- End quote ---

Ah!  GenDar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version