ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Config always says Tray prog isn't running.

<< < (3/7) > >>

jgpaiva:
The most common offenders are WindowsSearchIndexer.exe and SystemIdleProcess-ken winston caine (April 01, 2006, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Only to give you one less thing to worry: SystemIdleProcess isn't actually a process, it only represents the amount of processor capacity remaining, which means that if it's at 100%, your processor almost isn't being used ;)

ken winston caine:
Wow. I DIDN'T know that. Makes perfect sense now, of course, that 100% idle process means  100% idle.

What I don't get, though, is why when it is giving that reading (or 92% System Idle Process), the computer is non-responsive. (Keyboard click, mouse, programs opening, etc., non responsive.)

Still interested in getting Process Tamer working on this computer.

This a.m. my Priority Master trial did not work for me. My computer booted up at full speed and 98% to 100% processor and wouldn't let go of that until I was able (after about 10 minutes to get Windows Task Master to open and) to stop Priority Master. So, I may not have a solution after all. Was hoping to get Process Tamer working in time to take advantage of your Charter Membership deal, but now it's April 2, so I guess I missed that.

If you have ANY more troubleshooting tips for me, I'd welcome them. Will be away from the computer for about 8 hours ('til late afternoon, U.S. Mountain Time). But really, really need to get this CPU hogging problem resolved.

Thanks,
kwc

jgpaiva:
About you having the computer slow, even when the idleprocess is close to 100%, it could have something to do with memory, don't you have any process using too much memory?

ken winston caine:
I'll monitor memory next time I see this happening. I boosted memory to a gig hoping that would solve my problem. But it did not. And in the first few days after installing that, I did monitor memory use and rarely saw it get above about 500 mb when the CPU was pegging 100%.

Thanks,
kwc

efoxweb:
Sorry by my poor english....I'm brazilian, with me the problem was in the software "XP Smoker", it have a option relative to the "performance monitor" service...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version