ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Auto refresh - thumbnail view

<< < (2/3) > >>

hubi:
Well, the "bug" lies with the program as far as I can see  :(. To prove this I

1) Started Process Monitor from System Internals and set a filter to include the screen shot folder.

2) Waited for several seconds and no captured events (there were 50,000+ events which were ignored /filtered out).

3) Opened Screenshot Captor from minimised state in the system tray and with no other activity / action from me Process Monitor captured 133,000+ events all from Screenshot Captor and the vast majority 'QueryOpen' on the files.

If I filter for this QueryOpen I find it did this 133,376 times in 23 seconds and there were only 380 other events. That seems like a hell of a lot of times it is looking at the files when nothing else is being done. Now as other people aren't seeing this the "bug" seems to be invoked by a configuration related item. Any ideas.

If you are interested the attached ZIP has the Process Explorer log file and the Screenshot Captor configuration files. System is XP Pro SP3 with Screenshot Captor 2.42.01

lanux128:
mouser, this seems to be a slightly different version of the problem i once had but as of version 2.36.03, it was resolved and no longer appeared.

hubi, try assigning the custom folder to a newly-created/empty folder and see if the problem persists.

hubi:
Seems good so far as follows

1) Created new folder and changed setting, exited & re-opened program as I run it resident. Looked good but then there are no files

2) Copied in a couple of existing files, seemed OK, exited & re-opened program

3) Copied in a whole heap more files, seemed OK, exited & re-opened program

Many thanks and very happy :) at the moment. Will keep you advised.

lanux128:
glad to see you finally tame the 'beast'. :)

but seriously, assigning custom folders with existing images do strange things to SC. :tellme:

hubi:
Well the bug is not really fixed but it is intermittent  :-\. I'm not aware of what triggers the behaviour but what I have observed is

1) Sometimes it does a few refreshes and then stops

2) SC is seems to rescanning the folder, can see the CPU usage of SC spiking in Process Explorer and these coincide with the refresh

Latest version of SC seems to handle this better than the previous version which use to transfer the focus away from whatever dialog I had open e.g. file rename or options.

Would it be at influenced by the fact that I have a lot of files in the folder, over 1600 ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version