ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

ShowDialogs - great idea but doesn't work for me :(

(1/2) > >>

jl:
I really like ShowDialogs - tried it with two programs and it doesn't work for me - FireFox 1.0.7 and SecureCRT 4.x. Haven't noticed it working for anything else (there's definitely a check by the Enabled option - I haven't done anything else if anything else is required?)

Would be _great_ to find those annoying hidden dialogs, especially with firefox when you right click and Close Group with multiple windows open.

Cheers!

skrommel:
 :huh: I can't reproduce that error in XP SP2. Does the Tools - Options window appear?

Skrommel

jl:
Tools > Options in Firefox does. The ShowDialogsToo.exe program just puts an icon in the sys tray which has right click options ShowDialogsToo, Enabled, About, Quit

mouser:
is jl asking for something more than showdialogs is supposed to do?

showdialogs shows the FILE PROPERTIES dialog for me - but i don't think its meant to show other options dialog for Firefox, SecureCrt, etc.

maybe skrommel can add these as well, but i don't think this is a bug is it?

jl:
Eep, sorry, it is working! It's just putting the extra window in the same Group as the application itself - I was expecting to see a whole new item appear in the task bar for the dialog.

For me anyway, it would be much more useful if it put each dialog as a completely separate item in the task bar (i.e. so it looked like a different application). As it is now I'd still have to hunt around to find where a dialog might be (at the moment I have 10 applications in the task bar, and 7 of them have multiple grouped-windows in them).

jl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version