ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

About Rudeness in Forums

<< < (3/7) > >>

nosh:
Very rarely. DC seems to have a way more mature audience than most other places on the Net. Which is obviously a good thing but sliiiightly constricting at times coz I find myself censoring my own posts rather more strictly than I do at other places.

zridling:
Also, I attribute it to mouser and the original DC bloggers, and members like Carol Haynes, who set a open-minded, informed, and relaxed tone for the forum. I feel free to talk about anything and everything and when someone corrects me, I'm grateful. Hell, you guys even tolerate my Linux posts!

f0dder:
Hell, you guys even tolerate my Linux posts!
-zridling (November 20, 2007, 01:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
You're pretty moderate about the stuff, not the typical gpl-zealot anti-ms attitude... and I tend to agree with a lot of your points as well, even though I don't see linux as a real alternative to windows (and that to the point where lots of people would classify me as anti-linux ;)).

nudone:
i vote never as it must be around the 0.001 percentage area - or less. possibly things are misinterpreted sometimes but they don't take long to resolve.

Carol Haynes:
I must say I really like the atmosphere here. I was the first 'moderator' Mouser asked to help out - it has not been an onerous or difficult job. Occasionally there are stupid or offensive posts (almost invariably one offs from newcomers or visitors - and almost always spam of some sort) but the community is very good at reporting these posts and they are probably dealt with before anyone notices.

From the tone of some 'heated' discussions I am sure most people realise that there isn't active moderation of posts at all - usually just a quick comment in a thread asking for the temperature to be cooled (sometimes I need hosing down too ;)).

Thanks everyone for making it a great place to visit every day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version