ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

About Rudeness in Forums

<< < (2/7) > >>

Renegade:
The ALTools forums are really just for product support, but there are a few discussions and the like. Similarly there I have ZERO problems. Ok - not totally true. I've had one that I needed to moderate.

I'm not sure what it is, but there is just such a difference between some places. e.g. The Harmony Central forums (for music and guitars) are full of, well... Some pretty morally questionable posts that are definitely not family-friendly. Just think very off-topic and sinking a notch or two from, "I'd hit it."

The JoS forums allow anonymous posts, but even then, it's often non-anonymous posters that get snarky, so I'm not sure that anonymity has any relation to nastiness.

I voted "Never" because I've never seen anything here that even comes close to what happens elsewhere. I've see heated arguments/discussions, but not the outright, overly aggressive attacks that go on elsewhere. Disagreement is one thing, but calling someone an idiot because they have a different opinion is a bit overboard.

Got to run... Stuff to do...

lanux128:
btw, a thread related to this topic - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.

Eóin:
I said 'Very Rarely' but from any member who is even halfway regular the answer is Never!

f0dder:
I've voted "very rarely" - perhaps once a month or a bit less frequently I see a post and think "this might offend somebody, but not me" because of political/religious/sexual content (obviously very very little of it since it's not moderated away, but we all know how touchy some people are).

I can only recall one heated/nasty discussion on this forum community, it's a quite magical place to be :)

J-Mac:
I voted "Very Rarely".  I can't help it - I am rude from time to time. Don't even realize it when I am; I usually see a curt reply to a post I made and have to go back and take another look at what I wrote.  My posts often sound a little ruder when I read them after the fact.

Combination of a lot of factors, I guess. Just smack me once or twice - I'll straighten up!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version