ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

About Rudeness in Forums

(1/7) > >>

Renegade:
Not sure where everyone else hangs out, but I frequent a few other professional tech forums as well.

It seems like there is a lot of rudeness elsewhere, but never here. If you've ever been to JoS, you'll know what I mean.

The "How to ask questions thread" got me thinking about this again. The thing is that even when people ask questions the right way (or close enough), all too often there are people just waiting to pounce on them. That just doesn't really happen here, which is something I really enjoy. It's very refreshing to read where people help each other rather than attack.

superboyac:
I have to say very rarely to never.  I've noticed hints of surliness a couple of times here but that's about it.  yes, it's a unique and pleasant experience here for some reason.  I have to give credit to mouser.  And here's the really interesting thing, it's something that's not even enforced or talked about that much...everyone here is just naturally courteous and pleasant!  Other forums usually have to have a stickied topic enforcing their rules with the threat of a ban or something, but nothing like that here.  Kudos!

Deozaan:
I've encountered what I perceived as rudeness on these forums before, but it's been so long since then that I feel I could accurately vote "Never."

Darwin:
I went with rarely - I do recall some rudeness (and have probably been guilty of it too) but it is indeed a very uncommon occurrence.

lanux128:
AFAIK the rudeness level at DC is non-existent.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version