ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Visual Studio 2008 has gone RTM - free Express downloads, too

(1/3) > >>

mwb1100:
Visual Studio 2008 has gone to RTM.  The downloads for the free Express versions are available:

http://www.microsoft.com/express

Unfortunately, I could not find a list of what's new & improved.

justice:
Ah crap and we just bought books for ASP .NET 2.0 lol.

Visual Studio 2008 is targeting .NET 3.5 but for the first time also supports the previous .nets which means the studio updates can occur and be used independently of the .NET version if they continue this trend. Not sure what else is new.

Lashiec:
Maybe this would help? It's for the full Visual Studio, but I understand it can be extensible to the Express editions. So far, the only feature everyone was talking about was this multitargeting thing, for building applications with support for the various .NET runtimes versions. Damn, justice beat me to it >:( ;D

Looks pretty good. Should I change to this for C++ development now that I have enough disk space for it? :-\. Oh man, not another .NET version... updating time again <_<

dhuser:
I using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition Beta. It now offers better CSS handling and a new split page view (code/design), like Dreamweaver. Recommended if you want a free Dreamweaver alternative, as it is a great attempt by Microsoft. It can edit ASP, HTML, JS, CSS, and many more files.

dhuser

Lashiec:
WAIT, WHAT? They offer a free HTML editor as well? OH MY! I wasn't aware of that, does it produce compliant code?

Though I'd have to continue using KompoZer anyway :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version