topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 10:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature request: searching terms both with and without diacriticals  (Read 3865 times)

danx5

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi ! I have not found any setting that would enable this in the configuration (perhaps I was not looking properly?!) ...

I am czech, the feature that would be very useful for me is the possibility to make FARR give results e.g.  both "příklad.doc" and "priklad.doc" when typing priklad in the search field ... or ... "nakupování.pdf" and "nakupovani.pdf" as results when searching for nakupování ...

... the problem is that I am not very consistant in using the czech diacriticals when naming my files, sometimes I use the diacriticals, sometimes I don`t ...

Otherwise, thanks for the great programme, I have been using it for only few days, but I am sure it is gonna stay on my computer for a long time :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature request: searching terms both with and without diacriticals
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 07:24 PM »
glad to hear you like the program and welcome to the site.
did you know that one of the most prolific plugin writers for FARR is also czech (username czb).  i'm not sure if such a plugin would be possible though.

ayryq

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature request: searching terms both with and without diacriticals
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 07:34 AM »
I'd like to second this request. I don't run into it very often but my mom's name is Renée and I occasionally need to run μtorrent (mu-torrent or micro-torrent). I'd like to just type renee and utorrent.

It doesn't affect me as often as the poster above, I'm sure, as I use a predominately diacritical-free language.