ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ThreatFire - aka Cyberhawk - free behavioural blocking

<< < (2/3) > >>

tomos:
I'm giving up on threatfire
-
over the last few months it has on a number of occasions seized up when giving a warning notice (usually when I'm installing something)
The warning box often doesnt display properly, not showing the options (allow, quarantine, - from memory)
Yesterday it did show properly but when I clicked allow I got no response

Unfortunately the proplem then is that you cant actually kill the programme, not using process explorer at any rate and the only solution seems to be the restart button, which also didnt work properly yesterday so I had to pull the plug on everything & start again
Not nice to have to do that

ironically they have a survey on their website which I tried to do twice over that time adding a note about this problem
Both times the site froze when I finished survey but before it eh went through ...
They may have a forum or maybe I'll email them, but I'm not going to risk actually using it any more :(

justice:
I'm not been using it for 6 months now as it just needed some polish in the way it blocked things, sorry to see you've had the same experience. It will always be hard though with the amount of exceptions to its rules i guess.

Curt:
For half a year I was running ThreatFire, but in the end I (too) removed it
as tranglos said, common sense is sufficient...

- need of course to point out that I am running NOD32 and Outpost Pro
and that I have stopped downloading from 'wherever' - only from trusted sites.

Grorgy:
Necromancer warning lol, but threatfire have released a new version, V4, released just very recently.  They claim to have fixed many problems with it. http://www.threatfire.com/updates/ 

I have always liked the idea of threatfire but found in the past that it interfered with bootup and seemed to slow things down a lot and I would remove it, this version, while only a few hours old on my laptop seems to be behaving much better.  Claims of reduced annoyances are yet to be seen bit so far so good.

justice:
Excellent. Will give it a try again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version