ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DonationCoder.com Yearly Fundraiser for 2007 - Advice Requested Please

<< < (7/9) > >>

Ralf Maximus:
I'd say do it as planned in December, then if you come up short do another one later -- maybe spring.  Call it the "End of year 2007 Fundraiser". 

Most of us are, after all, procrastinators.

:-)

zridling:
What Ralf said. I'm an impulsive donator, i.e., if I have it, I give it, if not, it means I'm broke. But a simple appeal such as:

If you missed our holiday fundraiser in December, April is great time to catch up!

Also, I pledge a percentage of my lottery winnings to DC (if I ever win the damn thing). Maybe start a "DC Trust Fund" where mouser could compute from his favorite beach someday.

tinjaw:
DonationCoder's December Procrastinators Fund Raiser is now starting. Please don't forget to donate in April!!!

mouser:
i think i'm all but decided that we should have a fundraiser, but do it in January.

Arjen:
I think the fundraiser month should be a month full of activity on DC, with contests etc., that will (hopefully) inspire people to donate. Not just a month where we ask "please donate". I think publicly setting a goal amount is not necessary or even harmful. App's idea of a survey sounds nice.

If the month will include coding contests, these should be announced well in time. Personally I would like to see an announcement about two months before the deadline so I can plan enough time to work on it.

Don't know if December is a good month. In a way it's great because you can also do a "year in review". On the other hand, people may be busy or short on cash, as was said. For me personally it's a busy month so for a contest, I'd prefer another month. On the other hand, NANY worked out fine last year because there was more time before the deadline.

Maybe it's a good idea to set a DC "calendar" each year (maybe only visible to people who are interested) with deadlines, contests etc. to make things easier to plan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version