ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DonationCoder.com Yearly Fundraiser for 2007 - Advice Requested Please

<< < (6/9) > >>

app103:
Maybe not so much that this is where all the money donated will go to specifically, but to check off areas of interest that you would like to see improved/added.

More of a donate/survey combo, with the items getting the most votes being made a higher priority, maybe.

That way if there isn't enough donations to pay for all the dreams, then the lowest ranked ones could be delayed till there is enough to cover them.

At the very least you will find out what the members really want and what is important to them.

Darwin:
I like that, app - it makes sense. I can't offhand think of what this is reminding me of specifically, but a "how do you want your donation spent" survey would be a good idea. Once the drive is over, the survey could be analyzed and the results posted.

The PayPal issue is one that I hadn't considered - like Ralf, I am plannning on dumping my DonationCredits into the kitty and then buying more to top it back up. I've never spent less than $10 on PayPal so hadn't considered what PayPal fees would do to the amount that DC actually receives... Let me re-phrase my original challenge: all supporting members with money in their DC accounts divert at least one DC credit into the common fund and all current non-supporting members donate whatever the sweet spot is (be it $1, $3, $5...).

mouser:
I'm wonder if we should wait until January for the fundraiser.

cranioscopical:
if we should wait until January for the fundraiser
--- End quote ---

A lot of people seem to be short of cash soon after Christmas.

mouser:
argh! is there ever a good time to do a fundraiser   :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version