topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:46 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Free commercial licenses of ALZip for DonationCoder.com charter/honorary members  (Read 21467 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
ALTOOLS.NET has generously decided to give free commercial licenses of their archive tool ALZip, to all DonationCoder.com charter/honorary members.

Charter/Honorary Members go here to request a commercial license:
https://www.donation....com/Forms/alzip.php

Thanks to Renegade on the forum for making this happen, it is very much appreciated.

see https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=896.0 for more info on ALZip and our latest review of archive tools.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 10:06 PM by mouser »

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Great ... well done for that ;)

m_s

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks very much for that!  :up:

(any news on WinRAR?)   :tellme:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
winrar is seriously dysfunctional - their sales person never responds to emails.. i have several pending.  ill try again today.  crazy (and very irresponsible).

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You know things are REALLY SERIOUSLY BAD when sales don't respond ... sheesh

Maybe the review needs to be updated with a new recommendation.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hats off to ALTools, wow!

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Well, I've got the first batch of licences sent!

And it's completely my pleasure to do so :) 

If anyone ever doesn't get it within 1 business day, it may have gotten trapped by a spam filter. Just email me to let me know that you didn't get it and I'll resend it. You can reach me through the ALTools web site or through my own site, Renegade Minds. Since we're behind a firewall, I can't check my work email at home.

Carol asked about removing the "New Folder" egg icon in the Windows Explorer context menu, and although it is in the help, it isn't perfectly obvious at first glance how to remove it as it's buried in the section on preferences, so I'll update that in the help and on the web site once I have time. For now, here's how in case anyone else is wondering:

1) Open ALZip
2) Press F4 to display the preferences dialog
3) Click the "Context Menu" tab
4) Under "Power Extras" uncheck the "Create new folder" option

I actually really like it as I'm constantly creating new folders and it's a lot faster for me, but whatever works for you is best.

Cheers~!

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks Renegade

JeffK

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have taken advantage of this offer.  Thank you Renegade for this. 

Regards,

Jeff

JeffK

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Grrr!  I posted the above with my daughter looking over my shoulder demanding to get on the computer.  I said I wanted to go to Renegade's site first.  Well what is there but Renegade's Guitar and Drum trainer.  She is learning the guitar ATM.  "Buy it for me Dad!!! Buy it for me Dad!!!".

:huh:  :-\

Jeff

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Grrr!  I posted the above with my daughter looking over my shoulder demanding to get on the computer.  I said I wanted to go to Renegade's site first.  Well what is there but Renegade's Guitar and Drum trainer.  She is learning the guitar ATM.  "Buy it for me Dad!!! Buy it for me Dad!!!".

:huh:  :-\

Jeff

I think that's a :) WONDERFUL :) idea that you daughter has~! 

There's a 20% decreasing (over time) discount inside the program  ;)

That's quite funny though!

Cheers!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Renegade when you get some time maybe you could make a post about the Guitar and Drum Trainer to the "Software in the Wild" section of the forum, just telling people a little bit about it.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks Renegade, I will try your tool too!

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Renegade,

Thanks! I just took advantage of your offer. Strangely, I kept getting error messages about visiting from an unauthorized site but have since received confirmation that my registration code will be issued. Don't know if this is an issue at your end or mine.

How's life in Seoul? I spent four years there ('96 through 2000) and have fond memories of it. I quite often think about returning. My boys are half Korean and their hal-monie lives in Seoul, so my wife and I might just do it!

Mike

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Renegade when you get some time maybe you could make a post about the Guitar and Drum Trainer to the "Software in the Wild" section of the forum, just telling people a little bit about it.

Love to~! :) I'm not shy about blatant self-promotion  ;)

Any musicians in here? Or language learners?

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Hi Renegade,

Thanks! I just took advantage of your offer. Strangely, I kept getting error messages about visiting from an unauthorized site but have since received confirmation that my registration code will be issued. Don't know if this is an issue at your end or mine.

Hmm... Strange... It was well tested. What browser are you using? There shouldn't be any problems, but if I can reproduce it, I can fix it. Are you using some kind of a proxy or firewall?

How's life in Seoul? I spent four years there ('96 through 2000) and have fond memories of it. I quite often think about returning. My boys are half Korean and their hal-monie lives in Seoul, so my wife and I might just do it!

Mike

Well, I've been here since early 1996, so being as that's about 10 years now, I must like it ;)

Things are pretty good here. Every once in a while I get someone asking about North Korea, but that's all just a sham. NK is nothing more than a bunch of professional brinksmen trying to get attention like a 5-year old child throwing a temper tantrum.

Were you in Seoul? There are only 2 places in Korea:

• Seoul
  • Shigol (the country-side) ;)

I used to live in Chinju in Kyoungsang Namdo and in Taejon. Both were complete hicks-villes. Well, Taejon is a big city, but that doesn't stop people from being super conservative.

Seoul is really changing. Well, Korea changes so fast it isn't funny, and you must have seen that when you lived here. But right now Seoul is actually slowly turning into a livable place. The mayor of Seoul now is doing a great job of making Seoul a nicer place to be. He's got a huge task, but he's doing well. There's chatter about him running for president here.

If you do visit, make sure to look me up for a beer or three :)

Cheers,

Ryan

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Renegade,

This reply is a bit late - I spent most of the last four or five days troubleshooting problems with my WinXP installation (as it turned out, it was Yahoo Desktop Search indexing my drive that was causing my problems - including BSOD).

Regarding the license error that I reported, I am running Maxthon behind ZoneAlarm Pro (latest build) and access the Internet via a proxy (GhostSurf Platinum). However, I did try disabling the firewall and the proxy with no luck, though as I stated, registration did work despite the error message as I received my license via e-mail within about 5 minutes.

I was in Seoul - Mapo, Chongno-3-ga and finally Kil-dong, though I spent the entire four years working for Sisa-yong-o-sa in Chongno. I really miss the markets and hiking in the mountains outside Seoul. My wife, my mother-in-law and our pug used to go for long walks and picnics on Sundays. Somehow, we never find time for that kind of outing now that we've settled in Canada (Vancouver Island). Strange, because nature is so accessible here. I guess we just take it for granted.

Anyway, I will definitely look you up next time I'm in Korea. I am craving al-tang and Cass lager. Strange, but true.

Best,

Mike
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:20 PM by Darwin »

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
Thanks Renegade!  :D I'll try this compression utility.

Also, if you read this I'm curious to know why you were asking if there are any language learners here...do you have any interesting advice to those trying to learn another language? I need to learn Italian myself...

Thanks again!
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Thanks Renegade!  :D I'll try this compression utility.

Also, if you read this I'm curious to know why you were asking if there are any language learners here...do you have any interesting advice to those trying to learn another language? I need to learn Italian myself...

Thanks again!

I hope you like ALZip & ALTools  :)  The Eggheads are just so cute. I've got an Illustrator file of tons of characters. JaeBeom is the designer that did them.

Regarding language learning, I've been wanting to make a  language learning version of GDT as it is perfect for slowing down audio to better understand speech that is a bit too fast. Not very useful if you're fluent, but great for listening exercises for language learners.

I finally started Korean classes (well... they start next week) and I'll be ripping the CDs from the text book to MP3 so that I can use GDT to help me through the rough spots when listening.

I do a lot of translation at work sometimes for our software, and I really need to improve my vocabulary. But that's a slow process, and I've been really bad about not actually studying -- hence, I had to join a class to finally motivate me. Maybe I can sell GDT to some of the other students there :)

The only bad thing about taking Korean language classes is that most of the students are Japanese, and since Korean and Japanese grammar is so similar, and so many words are shared, they learn really fast. They really leave us poor white-boys in the dust scratching our heads  :huh:  Chinese students are the same - they know all the vocabulary already, or 70% anyways.