topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: New custom programming font available for download at DonationCoder.com: Dina  (Read 9936 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
If you are a programmer, you owe it to yourself to check out the new custom Dina font that Jibz has made and been kind enough to donate to DonationCoder.com for us to host:

https://www.donation...ther/Dina/index.html

It's a really elegant 8pt font that has great readability for coding.  I have been using it for a little over a day now and i am totally in love with it  :-*

If you want to read more about what motivated Jibz to work on this you can check out his blog column from earlier this week:
https://www.donation.../fontastic.html#more
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 11:54 AM by mouser »

Mark0

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mark's home
    • Donate to Member
Seems very nice. Have to try that.
Thanks!

BYe!

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still working on improving the font. At the moment I am adding hand-edited bold and italic versions as shown on the attached image.

While it is a lot of work, it has the advantage that I can make the bold and italic versions the same width as the regular font (like with Courier New).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 09:25 AM by Jibz »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
it has the advantage that I can make the bold and italic versions the same width as the regular font

excellent - looks great.  :up:

kfitting

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I may be missing the whole point of the font, but could I request larger sizes than 8?  I realize it is supposed to take up as little space as possible and all that, but being 23 and resigned to the fact that I will be sitting in front of computers for most of my career, I would like to ease the eye strain.  I really like the way you made the font, it is much easier reading, just a tad small!  Monitor resolution is 1280x1024. 

Once again, I realize this may not fit your goals (in which case forget about it!), but the font is really nice and I would love to use it!

Kevin

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The current release contains 8pt, 9pt and 10pt versions of the font. I am going through them to add bold and italic at the moment, and only finished the 8pt so far, which is why it's in the screenshot.

If you like, please try out the 9pt or 10pt in the current release :Thmbsup:.

kfitting

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sorry, hadn't tried out the latest version!  Thanks for the work!

Kevin