ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Handle Computer Lockups

(1/1)

manimatters:
Hi guys, im new to this site, i must say this looks to be a good place to be and make friends.

I love trying out and collecting softwares, so thought i should share one of the latest ive stumbled onto. Its called AntiFreeze. Its kind of an emergency task manager which is designed to be run when the cpu is abnormally busy. http://www.resplendence.com/antifreeze. Although i havn't got use for it since i installed it but I think it can be particularly useful, what do you think!

Darwin:
Welcome to the site manimatters  :Thmbsup: If Antifreeze is as good as Registry Manager, it'll be good! I am going to try this out because I've got a single core cpu and my computer does occasionally become unresponsive. Thanks for the pointer!

manimatters:
it works! it works! :D
and works like a charm. :Thmbsup:

My i.e. cpu usage shot up when i started on a particular instance. i tried the three finger salute (ctrl+alt+del) but it didnt work, then i remembered the antifreeze shortcut and pushed the magic keys, and viola, i was able to end the "Offender".... :lol:

KenR:
Hi guys, im new to this site, i must say this looks to be a good place to be and make friends.

I love trying out and collecting softwares, so thought i should share one of the latest ive stumbled onto. Its called AntiFreeze. Its kind of an emergency task manager which is designed to be run when the cpu is abnormally busy. http://www.resplendence.com/antifreeze. Although i havn't got use for it since i installed it but I think it can be particularly useful, what do you think!
-manimatters (November 18, 2007, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Manimatte!
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
It sounds like the site is the perfect place for you. Please let me suggest you try the Efnet channel (#DonationCoder). Lots of us hang out there from time to time and is a great way to interact with some of the site members.

Also, thank you for the software rec. I have actually been wanting one of these programs, but had not gone looking for one because I have about 40-50 programs that I have downloaded that I want to try.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you. It's typically the case that if someone has a particular need, others do as well.

Again, Welcome.
Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version