ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Keeping a window permanently focused in XP

<< < (2/2)

ababo:
Yeah, I didn't think that having two windows in focus was something that windows could do, but maybe there's a way to snap back to the previous window. So for example, I could click on a link in my unfocused browser window, the focus would switch to that for a moment, and then it would quickly revert back to the previously focused window.

AndyM:
for example, I could click on a link in my unfocused browser window, the focus would switch to that for a moment, and then it would quickly revert back to the previously focused window.
-ababo (November 19, 2007, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
Someone (else) should be able to write something in autohotkey that, when running, would check every few seconds to see if "TheGame" is running and if so, return focus to it.  This would give you time to click someplace else and have focus automatically return to "TheGame".  The script could get more sophisticated (not hard coding "TheGame", user input to select the window to return to, automatically selecting the most recent window, include starting and stopping the game in the script, etc.)

ababo:
I've used scripts for AutoHotkey before, but never written one myself. I'll have a look through the documentation and see if there's a way I can make this work. I think I'll also post this as an idea in the Coding Snacks forum and see what happens.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version