Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 20, 2014, 06:25:22 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 300 Ideas for Game Play Mechanics  (Read 3635 times)
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 18, 2007, 01:45:58 AM »

Sean Howard, over at www.squidi.net, is making good progress on his goal to come up with 300 unique ideas for game play mechanics. At this point Sean had developed 58. Now, these aren't just one or two sentences like, "Make the blood blue, instead of red.", but are equivalent to full length articles. There are some real nuggets of gold in there. And Sean is nice enough to give them away for nothing more than a mention in your game. If you want to build a game, but can't think of an idea, or you need a little something to spice up an existing game you are working on, check out Three Hundred Mechanics.

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 06:40:39 AM »

Oooh, that looks like an interesting find!

- carpe noctem
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 04:34:34 PM »

Awesome! Some of these are really great ideas, especially (I think) putting data into images and the topics of procedurally generated content. Too bad for me I don't know how to do either of those things.

I understand the theory, but the actual process? No clue.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.21 ]