ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

Run fSekrit from CD

(1/4) > >>

jfsfgdfg:
I'm running fSekrit from a BartPE CD.  When I try to save a document to a RAM drive I get an error that it can't write the file.  It seems that fSekrit needs to write to the original media instead of just to the saved directory/file.

What would also be helpful would be some type of default save dir instead of the program dir.

Thanks - its a great little program.

f0dder:
Hm, you should be able to "file->save as" - obviously "file->save" won't work for read-only media. Which version of fSekrit are you using?

Or have I yet again screwed something up majorly? :)

jfsfgdfg:
I'm using 1.2.  I was using "Save As.."  so I could write to a writeable media.  I was surprised when I got the error.  When I moved fSekrit to the RAM drive and ran it from there everything was good with both a save and save as.    It was just running it from the CD that it didn't like.

Thanks.

f0dder:
Hm, which exact error are you getting? I'm guessing it's "Error saving file!", which (unfortunately!) is a pretty broad error. I'll see if I can duplicate the error from a read-only network share or something...

EDIT: Save As works fine from a read-only share, plain "save" gives the errormessage twice though, at least that should be easy to fix :)

Carol Haynes:
Does it use any temporary file while writing? In which case it may be trying to write the temporary file to a read only location ... just a thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version