ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SpySweeper from Webroot, trustworthy?

<< < (2/2)

Grorgy:
just make appropriate grunting noises Darwin, i find that effective  ;) 

I noticed that with spysweeper.  It wouldn't work on my system anyway, kept causing the whole thing to stop, so i removed it, real quick.  I even told them why as they take you to one of those annoying, why did you uninstall pages, but never heard anything, oh apart from their newsletter which I think is an opt out one rather than opt in.

Laughing Man:
SpySweeper is ok..it does its job (not that well compared to some of its..free competitors). I tried it out once (cousin had it). Didn't like the resource usage though.

Darwin:
Interesting. Spysweeper with Antivirus is well behaved on my system and has been trouble free. I note, though, that there are a lot of people who have had bad experiences with v. 5.5, so I guess I am lucky. I certainly have no complaints about its performance in either the antispyware or the antivirus "spheres". Quite the contrary - I've been very happy with it.

Carol Haynes:
I found SpySweeper pretty good at its job but it was a bit of a resource hog. I had a bit of an issue a while back - can't remember now what it was but I ended up uninstalling it. I now use SpywareDoctor from PCTools but only in manual scan mode as it too is a resource hog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version