Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 20, 2014, 01:25:50 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Explorer XP  (Read 4239 times)
rrtwister
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 28, 2005, 07:07:52 PM »

I am not sure if most people still use Windows Explorer, but I gave up on it some time ago. I found an app called ExplorerXP at http://www.explorerxp.com/ that is fast and free. I had found that regardless of my preference settings with Windows, some folders were still hidden by Windows Explorer. Not so with ExplorerXP. As the name implies, this app is only designed for Win XP/2000.

Just thought I would share one of the apps I find very usefull.

I have an excellent memory.....now what was I saying ???
imtrobin
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 12:51:12 AM »

ExplorerXP looks promising but not quite a replacement for explorer yet for me.

A good alternative is xplorer2.
nikkho
Participant

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 06:37:05 AM »

You can also try XPlorer (http://guti.webcindario.c...m/static.php?page=XPlorer).
clif_notes
Charter Honorary Member

Clif Notes Newsletter

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 07:45:18 PM »

I am not sure if most people still use Windows Explorer, but I gave up on it some time ago. I found an app called ExplorerXP at http://www.explorerxp.com/ that is fast and free. I had found that regardless of my preference settings with Windows, some folders were still hidden by Windows Explorer. Not so with ExplorerXP. As the name implies, this app is only designed for Win XP/2000.

Just thought I would share one of the apps I find very usefull.

Hi Twister

What features do you like the most about ExplorerXP? Have you used other Explorer replacements in the past?

Devoted to promoting freeware and free information
rrtwister
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 08:59:59 PM »

This is the first of the replacements I have used for Windows Exploder. I needed to delete a file that was in a protected directory that Exploder would not even allow me to see. After looking around for a couple of hours, ExplorerXP seemed to have the capabilities I needed. I think one of the best features I found with it is the tabbed interface that also remembers the directories that you were in, unless of course you close out of that directory. Since I started using ExplorerXP, I really have not found anything it is lacking that would prompt me to look to replace it.

clif_notes
Charter Honorary Member

Clif Notes Newsletter

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 12:59:52 AM »

Hi again Twister,

Coincidence strikes again. I asked you that question for a reason. Earlier this week I saw ExplorerXP at one of the freeware sites I monitor. I bookmarked it because I wanted to try it sometime. As it stands now I can't use it. My PC is using WinME.

Do you mind if I publish your comments in next weeks CNNL?

rrtwister
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 01:14:41 AM »

I do not mind at all if you use my comments.

I used to use WinMe at one point, but it was never very stable for me. After about a month I wiped the drive and went back to 98SE (until XP came out). One of these days I will get serious about Linux, as I have Debian installed on an old PII 300Mhz box that I have sitting around taking up space.

clif_notes
Charter Honorary Member

Clif Notes Newsletter

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 11:46:35 PM »

Here you are Twister.

You gave us a good review ...
http://freewarewiki.pbwik...index.php?wiki=ExplorerXp

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.02 ]