ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What Intel Giveth, Microsoft Taketh Away

<< < (4/7) > >>

Lashiec:
Yes, that's the main problem. Supposedly they were going to fix it in OpenOffice 3.0, but for what I saw in one of the slides showed at the last OpenOffice.org conference, they were going to include some performance improvements, but not major, so that may mean they're not going to solve the issue. To me, it seems that it would require significant work, and if the suite gets more and more complex, things could get worse from a coding perspective.

OK, let's go back to schedule.

nontroppo:
Well, it would be interesting to see if an analogous script benchmark could be made for OpenOffice *and* Office - to compare OO+Linux against O2007+Vista on the same hardware.

f0dder:
You might also want to run OO/Win32, OO/Win64, O2007/WhINE, just for the fun of it :)

Deozaan:
I wonder how well Vista and Office 2007 would run on a PC with a Gogol-core CPU with a Gogolbyte of RAM.

One can always dream...  :-*

zridling:
And here I was under the mistaken assumption that computers would get faster, better, and save me lots-o-time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version