ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

IDEA: Ability to set certain programs/windows to open and close in unison

<< < (4/5) > >>

Armando:
Perfect. Thanks a lot Lanux. You don't have to do more work.  :) I'll see what I can do with that.

lanux128:
ok, let me know if you need anything else. btw, congrats on your 1500th post. 8)

rjbull:
you can use the "AU3 Spy" program that is available with Autohotkey.
-lanux128 (April 09, 2008, 09:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Lanux128,

Is there a direct way to save the AU3 Spy information to a file?  Or do you just have to run the mouse over the AU3 Spy window to mark the text and save it via the clipboard?

lanux128:
rjbull: normally i just use Shift+Alt+Tab between the program that i want to check on with AU3 Spy then it's all the usual copy-paste at work. a quick tip: when AU3 Spy gets focus, you can press the down key to select all text.

another good alternative is AHK Window Info 0.9 which is being actively developed by toralf at the AHK forums.

ak_:
Likewise, I'd love to kill Live Messenger when I click to close it.-aidan_cage (November 16, 2007, 07:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
I gave it a shot :

--- ---;; Kick messenger
;; by ak

~LButton::
SetBatchLines, -1
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
SetMouseDelay, -1
SetKeyDelay, -1
MouseGetPos, ClickX, ClickY, winID

Wingetclass winClass, ahk_id %winID%
Winget winPID, PID, ahk_id %winID%

if (winClass != "MSBLWindowClass")
  return
if IsOverCloseButton(ClickX, ClickY, winID)
  Process close, %winPID%
return

IsOverCloseButton(x, y, hWnd)
{
   SendMessage, 0x84,, (x & 0xFFFF) | (y & 0xFFFF) << 16,, ahk_id %hWnd%
   return (ErrorLevel == 20)
}
It works on my computer. It kills Live Messenger's process when you click its close button. The only problem with killing the process is that Messenger's tray icon stays visible (until you hover it with your mouse). At least that's what it does on my XP.

EXE version here :

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version