Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 22, 2014, 01:05:05 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Songza: Music online + freeware (beta) via Humanized  (Read 3846 times)
dantheman
Charter Member

Be good if you can!

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 16, 2007, 07:44:13 AM »

Just discovered Songza http://www.songza.com/ by Humanized
I'm sure it will please most music lovers!   Kiss

Humanized also many "betaware" programs for free. I believe you shall not be deceived.
http://www.humanized.com/

Thmbsup
Ralf Maximus
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 07:51:18 AM »

Wow, great find.  And the web 2.0 interface is simple but slick:

justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 08:33:06 AM »

Humanized also many "betaware" programs for free. I believe you shall not be deceived.
Like free popular beta programs turning into shareware via small print exemptions?

dantheman
Charter Member

Be good if you can!

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 08:42:10 AM »

Like free popular beta programs turning into shareware via small print exemptions?

Gee, i hope not Justice!
I failed to see anything about this going into shareware.
Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 08:45:01 AM »

Oh, it's from the Enso guys. I love how the site does not say anything on how the system works. But looking at the titles I could make some theories... I also love how the site does not load any song at all, and how it borks a bit in Opera. Oh, at least they have Glenn Hughes songs, Mercora (or Social.FM like they're called now) don't have any.
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 08:52:26 AM »

Gee, i hope not Justice!
I failed to see anything about this going into shareware.
That's true it's not so much a comment on Songza as it is on the whole beta trend going at the moment. I don't see any beta tag on this however, and no terms and condition or privacy policy so I am going to assume either will be added in the near future.

Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 09:04:55 PM »

Paying for something that it's eating up bandwidth from another site (HUGE, but another site), which supplies content which the RIAA and all movie studios are trying to remove would be more than wrong. I found how it works, it was in the comments of the post about the site launch, in Humanized blog embarassed

Quote from: Humanized Weblog
Are you loading a hidden youtube video with javascript into the page to get the sound? And working with the youtube APIs to search, and get information about each?

And further down:

Very nice. Is this a youtube mashup? Excellent reduction of the cluttered youtube interface to just a very simple set of functions. Will be watching your next move!

I don't know if doing such thing is illegal or not (hotlinking I mean, which basically is what they're doing), considering that you can embed YouTube videos in every site, but at least they could tell their users how it works. Now this explains how I was getting songs by obscure groups... So, in summary, nothing revolutionary, which means no iTunes killer here, even more considering sound quality and that you don't know if you're getting a song or a interview, like me just now <_< , but slick and worth some songs. And now works *a bit better* in Opera
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.036s | Server load: 0 ]