ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Blog steals Zaine's Great Software List

<< < (5/9) > >>

tomos:
Shouldnt he change the name from

"Deny's Great Software list"  :tellme:

Darwin:
This is kind of like stealing someone's car and hanging a picture of it with the original owner behind the wheel in your garage. What a jerk.

Ha, ha - good point Tom!

justice:
I think we should put this sad thread on the donationcoder blog and then link to it from all our own websites so that it gets a higher pagerank than that sad person.

If you want to avoid this problem in the future Zaine, you could have all links in the list point an internal link that checks the referrer, if its not your frontpage redirect it there. That way they'll have to change all the links to the homepages of the programs in question making is much harder for them to rip it off. something like : http://www.anova.org/flink.php?id=opera

I'm not sure how this impact on pagerank and if google would give this a lower ranking than linking to opera.com for example, however i'm sure if you give it the proper headers (permanently redirected -- http status 304??) it might not have any negative impact.

Veign:
I guess if you scroll down to the bottom of the article it includes a link to the source.

Don't know if it was originally there,none the less given the horrible cut and paste job it's nearly invisible.
-tinyvillager (November 16, 2007, 03:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

It wasn't originally there.  He must be reading this forum.

Screenshot from Google's Cache:
Blog steals Zaine's Great Software List

Veign:

Zaine's made a comment  to the blog, and the guy replied.  My guess is the "source" was added after the fact, but then I want to believe the worst about somebody who would steal like this.
-Ralf Maximus (November 16, 2007, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

-nevermind- 

I had written that he changed all the links but I see that Zaine links directly to the software's homepage.  Not sure why I thought it linked to an internal, category page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version