ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Blog steals Zaine's Great Software List

(1/9) > >>

Veign:
See here:
http://computers-tips.blogspot.com/2007/11/best-software-list.html

Stealing Zaine's Great Software List as found here:
http://www.anova.org/software/

Apparently Deny doesn't have a brain of his own to come up with a list so he has to steal someone else' hard work.

mouser:
WTF!!!

What's the procedure for stopping something like this?

Armando:
First of all, probably just denouncing it in comments on the blog. Then... I don't know...

Veign:
Might be able to report it to Blogger by clicking Flag at the top of the page.  Other than that not much you can do. 

It obvious that the only reason for the blog is for Google Ads and generating revenue.

disgusting...

app103:
First of all, probably just denouncing it in comments on the blog. Then... I don't know...
-Armando (November 15, 2007, 08:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Leaving comments on the infringing blogs doesn't do any good...the blog owner will just delete them about as fast as you and your friends can add them.

Since it's on a blogspot blog, the proper procedure would be for Zaine to send a DMCA takedown notice to Google.

This is one of the reasons why I made the decision to rewrite my ebooks site, going from a single page to something much harder to copy the entire list. All the work I put into creating my list was too easy to copy and stick in a single blog post and some of these blogs were ranked higher than my site and were making money off my work from ads.

The biggest problem with people doing this and stealing visitors from the original site, is they don't care about the content...they just want the traffic, and ultimately the ad clicks.

They are not going to maintain the content, add to it, improve it...they don't care. To them it's just text that gets them visitors to click on the ads and put money in their pocket.

The poor visitors end up with something that eventually becomes outdated, never seeing the original that is being maintained by the actual creator of the content, who does it as a labor of love.

And the quality of original content can suffer, too. When things like this happen, it can discourage the author from continuing to improve his work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version