ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2007

My challenge and how I propose to do it

(1/2) > >>

app103:
I decided to pick one of my neglected projects that is more than worth doing and get it done.

I have designated a personal pest to bug me every day to make at least 1 post to my ebook site until all 460 posts are made to transfer the content from the old site to the new.

For each day that he bugs me but I still don't make a post, I will donate $1 to someone on the forum, that he chooses. (but not himself)

There is only so much procrastinating I can do before I am broke, so I'll have to get it done.

The following people are the lucky recipients of my penalty $1's:

* skrommel (even though my pest failed to bug me to make a post, I thought it was only fair to pay up any way)
* mouser
* mackal

My challenge and how I propose to do it

tomos:
good luck app!
money is a good incentive
bit like whatsitcalled~the box where you put money in if you curse :)
now I wonder could I apply that somehow :-\

skrommel:
 :) Thanks, app103, your site looks very useful. But do you really have to transfer it manually?

Skrommel

mouser:
RED ALERT RED ALERT
SKROMMEL SIGHTING!

skrommy i hope you will write us a new little utility for the GOE programming challenge.

app103:
:) Thanks, app103, your site looks very useful. But do you really have to transfer it manually?

Skrommel
-skrommel (November 18, 2007, 01:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes skrommel, I do.

The original site is a badly written static page full of just titles & links.

I am expanding that to include much more info and a post has to be written for each book.

This is what happens when you end up making a site that you never intended to. This was supposed to be just a text file that I passed along to people in a chatroom when they needed it.

If I had actually planned on having a site from the beginning, it would have been this way from the start. Then there wouldn't be so much work to do now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version