ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

For the love of Money...

(1/1)

Edvard:
This is no surprise to me, but it puts things in perspective just a bit...
Mouser: pay special attention to #36  :Thmbsup:
41 Money Facts That Will Blow You Away
Do you think you know a lot about money? Maybe you do. Maybe you don't. But let's see if any of the following facts are in any way surprising to you:

--- End quote ---

http://www.nichegeek.com/41_money_facts_that_will_blow_you_away

from WeirdDaily

Lashiec:
o_O, I suppose some of the first ones are a joke...

cranioscopical:
This is no surprise to me, but it puts things in perspective just a bit...
Mouser: pay special attention to #36  :Thmbsup:
-Edvard (November 15, 2007, 12:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
I looked at 36
Spoiler36. One of the best ways to raise money for a charity is to have a free dinner
for a lot of people and have an empty envelope tucked under their plate...
for the express purpose... of making whatever size donation they want.
At the last charity dinner I attended I thought the envelope was intended for me to secrete the fish bones :(

Edvard:
I briefly attended a few local Mycologist Club meetings and they mentioned that they pulled in more cash at their last annual Wild Mushroom show after going from a $2.00 admission to a "donate to the club" admission.
Several times when I've gone to a restaurant with a large group of people, we were hit with a 15% gratuity. None of us ever had a problem with it, but discussing it later, we concluded they would have made almost twice that if we had all tipped individually.
Go figure....

And I figured that #36 was a third-party confirmation that the "donate what you deem appropriate" scheme is a solid one.

Fish bones FTW!!
;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version