ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Auto browser open, form field fill batch script.

<< < (2/3) > >>

rjbull:
But what I would like is that a field in the form on the page gets a word put in for me so that I don't have to manually type it. [...]
I was hoping for something general, every kind of case thing.
-foolios (November 15, 2007, 08:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think it's very hard to do that, which is why Roboform's technology is proprietary.  By contrast, KeePass, a very good freeware password manager, can type long custom text for you, but you have to set the starting location for the cursor.  That is, if you set the URL, it will load the default browser with that page, but you have to locate the cursor in the starting field before it can type the text.  Same thing with (payware) LinkStash bookmarks manager.

foolios:
Thanks so much for your knowledge. I wasn't aware of the difficulties.
I had hoped there was a way to do this, mainly so that I could share it with people that I work with.
But being that I would need a proprietary piece of software to have a similar kind of functionality, that won't do for the idea.
I didn't want everyone I meet to buy/install software.
So, for now it looks like I'll have to put this on the back burner until I have a better understanding of the limitations to the idea and what else I would rather do with it.

Thanks again for the help!

jgpaiva:
I'm not sure, but i'd say that not even roboform would work on the chrisangel site you mentioned...
That's why people shouldn't make sites in flash, it goes agains every website rule there is :(

foolios:
I just used that as an example. Maybe that's a bad example.

Hmm, I should try my code on a couple different sites to see what happens. I just don't know why google's page will put it into the form field but a different one wouldn't. But maybe like you said, maybe it's because it uses flash. I did notice that the name field had an odd name account[email]. I 'll try a different page.

foolios:
Nope didn't work for this site for example.
start iexplore "https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10829.new#new?search=whatever"

so the result was the page:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10829.new#new?search=whatever

but the search box remained empty.

So I guess google is a special case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version