ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

New Feature: Process Time Watcher and Killer.

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
tranglos: wouldn't be very hard coding something like that... of course it would take a slight amount of system resources to monitor the app, but if you poll only each 100ms or something you wouldn't be able to feel the speed hit...

graphing the resource usage is the only "complicated" bit, personally I'd just export the data in .csv format and use excel :]

tranglos:
tranglos: wouldn't be very hard coding something like that... of course it would take a slight amount of system resources to monitor the app, but if you poll only each 100ms or something you wouldn't be able to feel the speed hit...
-f0dder (November 15, 2007, 06:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I should be able to write it myself, except that I am completely unfamiliar with the relevant APIs (what *are* the relevant APIs? :-).

f0dder:
You can get some info with GetProcesssTimes() and GetProcessIoCounters(). For memory stats, you'll have to make some choices. If you don't particularly care about Win9x, you can use GetProcessMemoryInfo() from PSAPI... otherwise I guess you'll have to use the Performance Monitoring set of APIs, but that isn't very comfortable to work with.

cyberglobe:
So, will the Process time watcher be added into this program?  If it does, I got $100 donation flying your way.

Just need to add CPU Time monitoring for a process and this will help us manage those pesky dos prompt executables that run rampant without being near the computer to deal with it.  Looks like my software vendor does not want to further fix the problem cause he says to use the Avast plugin version which I do not want to pay the premium for.

All that needs to be added is a new 2 new columns which will set "max cpu time" and "action for exceeding cpu time"

If Max CPU time is at 0:00:00 then it would ignore this setting.
Any other setting would then look at the action for exceeding CPU time.

Action for Exceeding CPU Time should have the following features:
Force Kill
Force Kill then Restart (Services only) "For services that get problematic after running for x amount of days..."
Ignore

f0dder:
cyberglobe: when you say "DOS prompt executables", do you mean actual DOS programs, or win32 console programs? There's differences between the two, and I'm not sure whether you can query 16bit DOS executables as easily as you can 32bit windows...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version