ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Question about Super Flexible File Synchronizer

<< < (2/2)

tomos:
That's funny I havent seen this behaviour -
but I do use an underscore for those profiles starting with the same name,
maybe I'll get rid of it see -
could be helpful to me cause I've named the profiles after the destination...

Edit: the author does respond very quickly                                                                                                     

cranioscopical:
An impressively fast response from the developer says:

Tobias Giesen:
currently you need to add another word as the first word in order to
group them for example,
Backup My Documents
Backup My Pics
Backup My Music

That will create a group called Backup.

Currently it's not any more flexible.
I will consider making it more flexible in a future version.
--- End quote ---

Nice to encounter someone who's open minded about this kind of thing.

I think tinjaw's solution is good for now.

superboyac:
Yeah, he's very responsive and open-minded.  One of the best developers I've seen.

Myself, I don't think this feature is entirely restrictive, and it is useful.  The point is, i can work with it and there are some good points to it.  So it doesn't bother me so much, although it was a little weird in the beginning.

J-Mac:
Thank you for all the replies, folks.

I didn't mean to imply that the developer would not respond, or respond in a timely fashion.  It's just my experience that good developers usually respond favorably to requests about functional issues, and even innovative feature requests.  But I'm not seeing anything functionally wrong with the application; it's really just a personal UI preference.  I get a file/folder naming structure set in my mind and I can get a little frustrated if I am forced into someone else's idea for a naming convention.  When a developer imprints his or her own naming conventions on a program, it is usually not going to change.

I was just hoping that there was actually a work-around for this in SFFS and that with all the SFFS users here that someone might have found it and could share it.  Appears that's not the case, though.  It is certainly not going to stop me from using the program just as effectively.  I'm just set in my ways and like most animals, if I am knocked out of my planned scheme of things - in this case, profile-naming - it slows me down a bit.  Takes me a while to adjust to someone else's scheme.

Thanks again!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version