ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Anyone else with this issue?

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
got a report that the open file dialog that pops up when you click the "Open File" button, on very top right (to right of "Tool Menu Caption") of configuration tab on Process Tamer 2 options form, dissapears or never shows up at all.

anyone else find that pushing this button has no effect or somehow shows the open file dialog off screen or something?

tenseiken:
It works fine for me.  I'm using beta 10 on Win2k SP4, if that helps.

Scott:
I figured out what is wrong, thanks to Sysinternals Filemon.  The problem has to do with the quotation mark issue that I mentioned before in passing, though I didn't know this would happen.

When I have this as the path for the "Optional 3rd party tool":

C:\Program Files\Process Explorer\procexp.exe /p:n

And then click the browse button, ProcessTamerConfigurator.exe does a query on the full contents of the text box, and gets a "path not found" error.  It's getting an error because it's trying to resolve the path and the command line parameter, not just the path.  If I put this in the "Optional 3rd party tool" text box:

C:\Program Files\Process Explorer\procexp.exe

The browse button works fine (that is, the Open dialog appears correctly).

mouser:
ah that makes a lot of sense - i will fix.

VaMPiRiC_CRoW:
got a report that the open file dialog that pops up when you click the "Open File" button, on very top right (to right of "Tool Menu Caption") of configuration tab on Process Tamer 2 options form, dissapears or never shows up at all.

anyone else find that pushing this button has no effect or somehow shows the open file dialog off screen or something?
-mouser (April 14, 2005, 09:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't have this problem...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version