ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Top 10 Signs You're Coding Too Much

(1/4) > >>

Ralf Maximus:
10. You can't remember you children's exact names, so you try to invoke the Object Browser to find them.

9. Instead of hitting the "snooze" button on your alarm clock, you try to debug it.

8. During a boring teleconference, you find youself wishing you could invoke the debugger and step out of the current subroutine.

7. You idly wonder if your car's calculating speed and RPM using floating point or a really big unsigned integer.

6. You've never actually played that new FPS game you bought, but by golly you know how to mod it.

5. You buy a new harddrive because the old one is full.  Of half-completed software projects.

4. You get an instant-message from your wife, and you force her through a brief turing test before actually accepting it *is* your wife.

3. Your collection of programming books is larger than your collection of DVD movie titles.

2. It never crossed your mind to include French and German on the list of "Languages, fluent in" on your resume.

1. When asked when you'll be ready to take a break and go get something to eat, you *literally* cannot answer.

f0dder:
I'm pretty guilty of #1 and #2 (who needs french, german or anything else when you have English, C, C++, Pascal, Assembly, LUA, Python, Perl, ..... ?)

As for #3, I'd say they're not too far off sizewise 8)

jgpaiva:
I'd add another one to the list (and this one has actually happened to me SEVERAL TIMES): when you are writing in (REAL) paper and you make something wrong, you instantly think: ctrl-z

zridling:
Okay, I can totally understand #5. Just buy a new drive and save time.

Ehtyar:
Well I'm obviously coding a bit too much, despite the fact that i haven't had a coding project going for like a month... I'm guilty of 1, 2, 5, 7 in various contexts, 8 and 9 in various contexts as a joke and jgp's suggestion.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version